Established in 2014 by eminent academicians and leading public personalities, Human Empowerment and Research Society is a Varanasi based think tank and research institute. This organization works for the empowerment of society through empirical research works and in-depth studies of contemporary challenges to our democracy, nation, and society. As a leading think tank, it also works as a platform for dialogue and publishes books, working paper, research journal etc. in vernacular and English languages. In the last 6 years, HERS has conducted various research projects and has facilitated the publication of more than 10 books, and survey reports written by its members. Human Empowerment and Research Society has also the privileges to publish the sole print journal on Dalit and Tribal issues the Indian Journal of Dalit and tribal Studies since 2014. Currently HERS is working on 3 pan India projects related to rural livelihood, mid-day meal scheme and MNREGA besides more than dozens of planned awareness campaigns.
- To undertake empirical research projects and formulates ideas on contemporary issues as per the mandate of the society.
- To publish research journal, books, working papers and project reports etc.
- To organize training workshops, seminars, symposiums, conferences and awareness campaigns.
- To provide knowledge support to policy-making bodies, various development and funding agencies, and civil society organizations.
- To enhance the capacity of research institutions/ centres, as well as individual researchers in institutes and universities, by developing study materials.
- To act as a resource centre for students and to extend the knowledge through setting up of branches.
- To undertake other related activities.